Alo alo, que tal um trabalho na India?
3 oportunidades super interessantes: Oxfam, Shakti e na Escuela Nueva (esta com base em Bogota)
Oxfam India is a result of the merger of the different Oxfam’s that have been operating in India for the last fifty years as separate entities: Oxfam Trust, Oxfam GB, Oxfam Novib, Oxfam Australia, Oxfam Hong Kong and Intermon Oxfam (Spain). It undertakes all the activities of an Oxfam affiliate: international and national rights-based programming, international and national advocacy and campaigning, humanitarian response and fundraising. As a national member of an international confederation, it plays a strategic role in campaigns and advocacy, both domestically and internationally. Oxfam India aims to be a role model for promoting gender equality and diversity.
Scope of Position:
Provide strategic and leadership management of Economic Justice in the country through:
• Contribution to development and delivery of Oxfam’s policies and advocacy strategies on Economic Justice in line with campaign priorities at global and national levels.
• Supporting the regional advocacy work of Oxfam staff, partners and allies in the country on Economic Justice.
• Establishing a stronger link between policy/advocacy and grassroots programs.
• Contribute to two-way flow of knowledge from grassroots levels to national and international levels.
• Contribute to discussions around ‘India and the World’ on relevant economic issues
• You will lead, design and deliver the Economic Justice strategy for Oxfam India–including on agriculture, natural resource management and climate change issues–in consultation with national, regional and global stakeholders
• You will play an active role in the global Oxfam Economic Justice team and help shape the Oxfam’s overall global direction and strategy through contribution to analysis and policy development. You will be representing the country’s issues in Economic Justice strategy formulation processes.
• You will be communicating Oxfam’s views to wide range of actors, including civil society organisations.
• You will be lobbying the government in New Delhi and support lobbying in partner state capitals along with the state teams. You will be using the intelligence gathered from these events to contribute to the development of overall programme goals and strategies.
• You will be undertaking and commissioning policy research on major development issues, especially in relation to Economic Justice. You will produce briefing / discussion papers, research reports, policy position statements – including on issues related to ‘India and the World’.
• You will be developing public communication materials in coordination with the Communication Team.
• You will play a critical role in establishing and strengthening alliances with national and international networks of key stakeholders.
• You will be ensuring that gender and diversity analysis is applied across all levels of planning and delivery.
• You will monitor, produce and compile regular reports and updates on the implementation of the campaign for partners, donors and Oxfam India Economic Justice campaigns, along with your team.
• You will help mobilising and coordinating internal and external financial and other resources to implement agreed strategies and plans, along with Oxfam India’s Fundraising team.
• You will be working with Regional Managers to develop and deliver state level strategies with respect to the Economic justice theme.
• You will be mentoring, coaching and in some cases line managing a team of professionals at Delhi and in partner state offices to successfully deliver the economic justice strategy.
Qualifications and Experience:
• You have a post-graduate degree in economics from a national/international institution of high reputation. – Essential
• You have a strong track record of delivery, of minimum 8 years in development with a reputed institution with national presence – at least 3 years at a senior level – in policy influencing and knowledge of relevant national, regional and international institutions. – Essential
• You have mature understanding of issues and significant experience of working in development, especially in the rural sector.
• You have strong analytical and writing skills to standards that will pass scrutiny by high-level decision makers
• You have excellent communication and articulation skills for lobbying and media work and awareness of political sensitivities.
• You have strong understanding and experience of effective popular mobilisation.
• You have the ability to think strategically and creatively.
• You have the ability to prioritise, plan, organise work in a complex institutional setting.
• You have strong inter-personal skills and ability to work well and flexibly with others, while also able to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
• You have proven in-depth knowledge of development issues and the role of NGOs in development and advocacy work.
• We would prefer if you have prior experience in publishing paper(s) on applied development issues.
Ability to travel within country and abroad as required.
Job Title: ECONOMIC JUSTICE LEAD SPECIALIST
Department: PROGRAMS AND ADVOCACY
Location: NEW DELHI
Level / Pay Band: 2
Contract: 3 YEARS (EXTENDABLE)
Reports To: DIRECTOR PROGRAMS AND ADVOCACY
Third Sector Partners, a leading senior management and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained by Oxfam India for this recruitment. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the subject line the position for which you are applying. Tel: +91 22 43493333. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Last date for applications is 20th July 2010
Shakti is a private grant-making foundation whose mission is to build a sustainable and secure future for India’s citizens by supporting policies that promote energy efficiency, sustainable transportation, and renewable energy. The Foundation works at the intersection of public health, energy security, and low carbon growth. Its main function is re-granting funds from its donors to local NGOs, experts, and academic researchers in order to help build and implement smart energy policies. Shakti is part of the ClimateWorks network, a global family of organizations that work in the nations and economic sectors with the highest potential for low carbon economic growth. Shakti is comprised of a Board and a small, high-calibre, organization, based in New Delhi.
We seek a committed, responsible, energetic, and professional individual to join this effort. As a member of the Shakti team, you will experience the benefits of working in a new philanthropic venture: close-working relationships with colleagues, and broad impact on greenhouse gas emission reductions. This unique blend creates an incredible opportunity for an individual who seeks diverse job responsibilities.
The Program Associate’s primary responsibility is to support the work of the Program Officer. Using strong research and analytical skills, he or she is expected to stay well versed on climate and energy related topics to enable he or she to review and evaluate grantee reports, coordinate program activities and stakeholders, and draft reports and proposals for the board and funding partners. The Program Associate will collaborate with a variety of people and job functions to realize the mission of Shakti. While the Program Associate typically works within one program, cross-sector coordination is required to establish and enhance best practices. The Program Associate will report to the Program Officer or Program Director.
Includes the following and other duties as assigned.
• Process incoming grant proposals, reports, receipts, and invoices.
• Review grant proposals and reports and assist with due diligence as needed.
• Coordinate and compile necessary proposal and report documents with grantees.
• Perform appropriate due diligence for potential grants.
• Collaborate with Program Director/Program Officer to engage grantees, establish relationships, and seek proposals.
• Generate correspondence to grantees, grant-seekers, and funders.
• Assist Program Director/Program Officer with budget management.
• Research climate- and energy-related subjects.
• Schedule and participate grantee and network conference calls and meetings.
• Draft or edit reports and proposals to funders and materials for Board meetings.
• Coordinate with co-workers to meet project deadlines.
• Manage logistics for meetings and events.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations.
• Generate and implement ideas for program and operations improvement.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
• A passionate commitment to Shakti’s values, mission, and purpose.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, plus two years work experience in the fields of energy, climate, environmental studies, or public policy or equivalent combination of education and experience. In-depth knowledge of global climate change negotiations a plus. Ability to read and analyze professional journals and technical procedures; ability to write reports and business correspondence; ability to effectively respond to questions from grantees and groups of managers.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to initiate and manage projects.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Experience working in service to broad range of clients and stakeholders.
• Good personal and interpersonal communications skills.
• Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and numerous databases.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task.
• Strong intellect, creativity, flexibility, drive, and entrepreneurial capabilities
• High energy level, trustworthy, diplomatic and possessing impeccable integrity
• Experience working in nonprofits or foundations a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position will be located in New Delhi. The working conditions include working with dynamic, enthusiastic and engaged colleagues in an open and collaborative environment. We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with dynamic, enthusiastic and engaged colleagues in an open and collaborative environment.
Job Title: PROGRAM ASSOCIATE – CLIMATE POLICY
Organization: SHAKTI SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOUNDATION
Nature of Employment – FULL TIME
Location: NEW DELHI
Third Sector Partners, a leading senior management and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained by Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation for this recruitment. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note email@example.com. Please mention in the subject line the position for which you are applying. Tel: +91 22 43493333. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Last date for applications is 25th July 2010
Escuela Nueva India is looking for an Academic Innovator to develop and customize EN’s academic intervention in India. As the pedagogical representative of ENI, the Academic Innovator would be responsible to support the development of the Escuela Nueva training program in India, to lead the training workshops, and to design the appropriate learning materials for the Indian context. The Academic Innovator would report to the CEO and work closely with the Escuela Nueva Foundation’s International Training team based in Bogota.
• Creatively represent and develop processes and systems to customize Escuela Nueva’s processes and tools to meet the needs of the Indian context
• Manage the design and implementation of the training program:
– Lead training team to update existing training workshops and plan and implement new ones based on context in India
– Participate in revising, selecting and designing formats and instruments and materials for the adequate development of the Training Program
– Construct training evaluation frameworks and the design of instruments for collecting data
– Organize training workshops for teachers, trainers and teacher trainers (content, activities, agenda, etc.), and serve as primary workshop facilitator
– Support Escuela Nueva´s follow up training strategies – the microcenters (teacher learning circles), online tutoring and on site assistance – to schools and teachers
– Participate in planning and feedback sessions of the training program team
– Prepare status update reports of the training components of projects and systematize lessons learned
• Manage the creation of learning materials in India
– Lead development of processes to adapt existing EN international materials to meet needs of Indian context
– Identify and work with subject matter experts to develop new learning materials
– Manage feedback process with schools
– Lead sales process for learning guides
• Inspire and lead research and development for new products to support the delivery of the Escuela Nueva in schools
• Create processes for servicing and nurturing of the EN methodology in schools post service contract period
• Lead evaluation process for EN intervention coordinating efforts with researchers and schools
• Represent EN in relationship with clients, educational authorities and external organizations
• Deep interest and passion in education in developing world
• Interest and willingness in learning and receiving in-depth training on Escuela Nueva
• Superior organizational skills; multi-tasker and detail-oriented
• Familiarity with national curricular programs, standards and frameworks of reference
• Knows how to develop curriculum and develop training programs
• Self-starter with strong project/program management skills and experience
• Team building and leadership skills
• Proficient at working on highly complex problems with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and group work skills, open to giving and receiving feedback
• A strong networker with an intuitive ability to understand stakeholders and build collaborative relationships
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
• Education Specialist with significant experience in training trainers and working with teachers
• 5+ years experience working in education in India and in alternative education models
• On-site training experience in low cost private and/or public schools and educational systems in India
• Experience working with/relating to education authorities and public/private sector
• Teaching experience in low income primary schools in India
• Strong understanding of Indian education, educational sectors and systems
• Fluent in English is necessary
• International work experience would be a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience; location can vary.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a short letter (no more than one page) answering the following questions:
1. Why do you believe the Escuela Nueva methodology has the potential to have an impact in India?
2. Why do you believe your experiences and skills allow you to be a good fit for the role?
Please send application to Deepti Doshi at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Academic Innovator in the subject line.